It’s your turn to pose for a royal portrait while riding on wheels of Indian royal trains.
IRCTC has introduced 7 luxury trains in India, that will completely grab your imagination and take you to ancient Indian monarchy feelings. And this will be one of the most unforgettable events of your life, which you will literally document in images for your life photo album or giant captioned wall photos in your dining room.
Well, for a gen-z member of your family, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness personally how fantastic the feeling was for most royal families’ children in India between the 1800s and 1600s.
Discover glimmers of ancient Indian with royal trains in India.
Don’t come here to witness India in its golden period if you don’t care about how gorgeous this voyage is on the wheels of luxury trains in India. Even hundreds of thousands of Britishers are still eager to visit India and experience the country as it was during its golden times. What was it like to live like a royal Indian?
In a low-key dramatic area surrounded by royal paintings, makhmali kaleen, and soft and warm royal chairs, royal men and women were partying or having meaningful discussions, chatting, and singing near candles. How about having all of your experiences come to you on wheels, with beautiful natural vistas of farmlands, mountains, rivers (where the sun rises to be fresh for a new day), and beautiful cloud shapes with which you can paint or sketch a new painting for your loving girlfriend to hang in your sleeping room for years?
If you’re thinking about doing something similar, we’d like to show you some of our favorite luxury trains in India.
- Maharajas’ Express
- Palace On Wheels
- The Deccan Odyssey
- Golden Chariot
- Royal Orient Train
- Fairy Queen Express
- Heritage On Wheels
Life is ready to give you the opportunity to live like a maharaja, and this royal castle on wheels will transport you from 2021s to 1800s. Between October and April, it operates on four routes connecting more than 12 cities in North-West and Central India, with a focus on Rajasthan.
In 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, The World Travel Awards named the Maharajas’ Express “The World’s Leading Luxury Train” for the seventh time in a row. This made us list it in our best luxury trains in India.
The train is made up of 23 carriages, including sleeping, eating, bar, lounge, generator, and storage cars. There are 14 guest carriages with a total passenger capacity of 84 people. The Rajah Club, a lounge with a private bar, two dining cars, and a separate bar car, is also available on the train. Passengers can buy trinkets at an on-board gift shop. A water filtration facility is also installed aboard the train.
Maharajas’ Express Routes:
- The Heritage of India (Mumbai – Ajanta – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Agra – Delhi)
- Gems of India (Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Delhi)
- The Indian Panorama (Delhi – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Fatehpur – Sikri – Agra – Gwalior – Orchha – Khajuraho – Varanasi – Lucknow – Delhi)
- Indian Splendour (Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Bikaner – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Balasinor – Mumbai)
- Treasures of India (Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Delhi)
Maharajas’ Express duration and ticket costs for these routes are as follows:
- Gems of India & Treasures of India – 4-day journeys for INR 2,15,600 (approx) each
- Indian Splendour & The Indian Panorama – 8 days journey for INR 3,45,000 (approx) each
- Heritage of India – 8 days journey for INR 3,60,000 approx
Palace On Wheels
Come in top in the list of luxury trains in India, this train allows 104 tourists, and has 23 coaches. Alwar, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Bundi, Dholpur, Dungargarh, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Jhalawar, Jodhpur, Kishangarh, Kota, Sirohi, and Udaipur are the names of former Rajput states that reflect the aesthetics and interiors of the royal past. Each coach features 4 cabins with premium facilities and Wi-Fi internet (the coach calls them chambers or saloons). The Maharaja and The Maharani, two restaurants with a Rajasthani ambiance serving continental and Chinese cuisine, one bar-cum-lounge, 14 saloons, and a spa are all on board.
Unlike other royal trains in India, The train’s seven-night, eight-day schedule begins in New Delhi and includes stops in Jaipur (Day 2), Jaisalmer (Day 5), Jodhpur (Day 6), Udaipur (Day 4), Bharatpur, and Agra (Day 7) Sawai Madhopur and Chittaurgarh (Day 3) before returning to New Delhi (Day 8).
Palace On Wheels Starting fares:
Seasonally, fairs are divided into two categories: peak season and lean season.
TARIFF FOR A PALACE ON WHEELS DURING THE PEAK SEASON
- For international travelers: US$ 950 + GST @5%
- For Indian travelers: INR 64,600 + GST @5%
TARIFF FOR A PALACE ON WHEELS DURING THE LEAN SEASON
- For international travelers: US$ 715 + GST @5%
- For Indian travelers: INR 48,620 + GST @5%
The Deccan Odyssey
The grand journey, the Deccan Odyssey, is like a five-star hotel on wheels, complete with all the facilities. Unlike all luxury trains in India, The Deccan Odyssey consists of a total of 21 incredible coaches, 12 of where you will find 12 passenger cars, one spa car, two dining cars, one conference car, one bar car, luggage cars, two staff cars, and two generators.
While traveling on the Deccan Odyssey train, you will get the opportunity to visit the major tourist attractions of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and Karnataka. Green paddy fields, little villages, beautiful scenery, and stunning panoramas may all be seen on the train ride.
Deccan Odyssey Train offers six separate journeys, including:
- Maharashtra Splendor (Mumbai – Nasik – Ellora Cave – Ajanta Caves – Kolhapur – Goa – Ratnagiri – Mumbai)
- Indian Odyssey (Delhi – Sawai Madhopur – Agra – Jaipur – Udaipur – Vadodara – Ellora Caves – Mumbai)
- Hidden Treasures of Gujarat (Mumbai – Vadodara – Palitana – Sasan Gir – Somnath – Little Rann of Kutch – Modhera – Patan – Nashik – Mumbai)
- Indian Sojourn (Mumbai – Vadodara – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Agra – Sawai Madhopur – Jaipur – Delhi)
- Jewels of the Deccan (Mumbai – Bijapur – Aihole – Pattadakal – Hampi – Hyderabad – Ellora Caves – Ajanta Caves – Mumbai)
- Maharashtra Wild Trail (Mumbai – Aurangabad – Ramtek – Tadoba – Ajanta – Nashik – Mumbai)Maharashtra Wild Trail
The Deccan Odyssey Starting fares:
- For international travelers: US$7,320 + GST @5%
- For Indian travelers: INR 5,12,400 + GST @5%
Read More: 9 Avatars of Goddess Durga
The Golden Chariot is one of the top richest tourist trains among the all luxury trains in India, which connects key tourist attractions in Karnataka, Goa, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu, as well as Pondicherry, depending on the schedule.
Each guest carriage has four cabins, which are separated into 13 Double Bed Cabins, 30 Twin Bed Cabins, and 1 Specially Able Cabin.
Bahamani, Sangama, Hoysala, Rashtrakuta, Yadukula, Kadamba, Ganga, Chalukya, Adil Shahi, Satavahana, and Vijayanagar are among the 11 coaches named after dynasties that controlled the region.
Golden Chariot Routes:
- Pride of the Karnataka (Bangalore – Bandipur – Kabini – Mysore – Halebidu – Hampi – Badami – Goa – Bangalore)
- Southern Splendour (Bangalore – Mysore – Hampi – Mahabalipuram – Thanjavur – Cochin – Backwater – Bangalore)
- Glimpses of Karnataka ( Banglore – Bandipur – Mysore – Hampi – Bangalore )
The Deccan Odyssey Starting fares:
The Golden Chariot, unlike others luxury trains in India, runs from October to March, and both routes last 7 nights and 8 days. Prices are as follows:
For international travelers:
- Pride of Karnataka & Jewels of South (6 Nights/7 Days) : USD 4200 + GST @5%
- Glimpses of Karnataka (3 Nights/4 Days) USD 2400 + GST @5%
For Indian travelers:
- Pride of Karnataka & Jewels of South (6 Nights/7 Days) : INR 320130+ GST @ 5%
- Glimpses of Karnataka (3 Nights/4 Days) INR 182930 + GST @5%
Royal Orient Train
Are you still planning to get entice yourself by just sitting in a palace room? Come and look at how luxury trains in India are changing experiences portrait themself on the wheel of Indian castles.
Royal Orient Train takes you to the culturally rich states of Rajasthan and Gujarat with a perfect opportunity to enjoy desert safaris for a unique experience. The Royal Orient Train duration is 7 nights, 8 days and it runs every year.
The Royal Orient Train takes passengers through Delhi, Sarkhej, Ahmedpur, Sasan, Chittorgarh, Palitana, Udaipur, Jaipur, Junagarh, Mandvi, Veraval, Somnath, Gir National Park, and Ahmedabad.
The palatial-style comfortable cabins, multi-cuisine restaurant, well-trained hospitality professionals with the “Watering Hole” Bar, a library, and almost all facilities that come to your mind how incredible are these luxury trains in India, while imagining yourself in a 5-star hotel – Royal Orient Train has them.
Royal Orient Train Route:
Delhi – Chittorgarh/Udaipur -Junagarh/Veraval- Sasan Gir/Dilwara – Palitana- Sarkhej- Ahmedabad- Jaipur- Delhi.
Royal Orient Train Starting fares:
Initial fares per person per cabin for one night on twin sharing basis from October-March:
- For international travelers: US$200 + GST @5%
- For Indian travelers: INR 7,480 + GST @5%
Initial charges per person per cabin for one night on twin sharing basis from April-September:
- For international travelers: US$150 + GST @5%
- For Indian travelers: INR 10000 + GST @5%
Fairy Queen Express
Fairy Queen Express is the only luxury train in India to be listed in the Guinness Book of World Records. The train also received the National Tourism Award for its outstanding appearance as one of India’s most deluxe trains. The railroad connects New Delhi’s neighbouring town with Alwar. It’s a steam locomotive that was built in 1855 and is now housed at the Rewari Railway Heritage Museum after being refurbished by Loco Works Perambur.
Fairy Queen Express, unlike other luxury trains in India, runs from October to March and takes 1 night and 2 days to complete.
Route: Delhi – Alwar – Sariska- Alwar – Delhi
Initial charges for full package : INR 8,600 + GST @5%
Heritage On Wheels
The journey has been meticulously planned to give you the sensation of being behind the wheel as you travel through the stunning Heritage World on Wheels programme. Being a traveler, you can visit the Bikaner, Ramgarh (Mahansar), Nawalgarh, Shekhawati Region, and Mandawa, also the Tal Chhapar sanctuaries, and the Gajner. The Heritage on Wheels is one of India’s most luxurious trains, with interiors that never fail to transport passengers back to the state’s glory days.
With ‘Heritage On Wheels,’ you may organise a three-night, four-day journey that includes all types of luxury trains in India.
Jaipur – Bikaner – Tal Chhapar and Shekhawati – Jaipur – Depart
For a single journey: USD300
For double journey: USD200
For triple journey: USD150
After pursuing the imagination of the royal world, we came to a decision.
In this blog, we’ve highlighted some of the best luxury trains in India that will take you to incredible tourist destinations while providing world-class services. It is not only fascinated by its external exotic pointed site views and the best of Indian royalty hospitality, but it also takes you to the ancient imaginative royal kingdom.
So, the next time you’re planning a trip to India, make sure to take a ride on one of the country’s luxury trains to see what all the excitement is about. After all, the most useful responses are those that are based on personal experience. So, take a look at this list of royal trains in India and plan a trip to incredible India.
Know More about Best Top 10 Places to Visit in the World